2016 Hyundai Sonata
The 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid is one of the newest efficient cars on the market. It is available in 4 exterior colors and is very fuel efficient. The 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has a 2.0L GDI 4-cylinder engine with Blue Drive as well as a 360V lithium polymer battery and Hybrid Starter Generator. It has a $34,600 starting MSRP and comes complete with a lifetime warranty on the battery.
1. The 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has an amazing 40 city mpg and 44 HWY MPG. The battery alone gets 27mile All Electric Range and 99MPGe.
2. The standard LED Daytime Running Lights and LED tail lights not only look great but also increase visibility. The available Automatic High Beam Assist feature automatically switches from high to low beam headlights when an oncoming vehicle is detected by the forward-looking camera.
3. It has a hands-free Smart Trunk. This standard feature makes loading and unloading your Sonata Hybrid more convenient. The hands-free smart trunk opens automatically when it senses the Proximity Key is behind the vehicle within three feet for more than three seconds.
4. The safety features are great. The Sonata has Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross-traffic Alert and Lane Change Assist. This available radar-based system helps detect when a vehicle is in the driver’s blind spot and provides both an audible and a visual alert to help keep you aware as you move down the road. It also has lane departure warning and rear parking sensors. It is also complete with a driver knee bag.
5. Select the available 8-inch touchscreen navigation. It also comes with SiriusXM Satellite Radio for the best commercial-free radio with a complimentary three-month subscription. Plus, the built-in smartphone/USB and auxiliary input jacks let you access your smartphone through the audio controls, display track and artist information, even charge it as it plays.
A. The rear seats are not practical for tall people at all. I find that heads touch the roof easily and that could prove to be a safety issue.
B. It doesn’t come with a spare tire and this could prove to be an issue if you are in the middle of no-where stranded. That isn’t practical if you ask me.
In summary, if you are looking for a hybrid that has it all, the 2016 Hyundai Sonata is for you. It is complete with a panoramic sunroof and is sure to be fuel efficient. Head on to a dealer and see one for yourself.
Price as tested: $35,765
Kia's old-school luxury car is big on power and amenities.
Fun, quality, affordable hatchback with excellent safety ratings.
Electric version of Kia's popular Soul scoots 90 miles per charge.