A crossover that delivers on luxury in a cost-effective way.
2016 Volkswagen Jetta
The 2016 VW Jetta 1.8T Sport is a generously sized compact sedan. It is available in 4 exterior colors. With Ceramique and Titan Black two-tone V-Tex sport leatherette seating surfaces, the Jetta 1.8T Sport has style all dialed in. It has a 1.8T 4-cylinder TSI® engine as well available in a 5-speed manual transmission and 6-speed automatic transmissions. It is available for the starting MSRP of $20,895.
1. This car is fuel efficient! EPA-estimated fuel economy is 32 mpg combined (28 city/39 highway) with the automatic; VW estimates the manual achieves 33 mpg combined (28/40).
2. The safety features include traction and stability control, antilock disc brakes, front side airbags, side curtain airbags and active front head restraint. The 1.8T comes with the Driver Assistance package that adds a frontal collision warning and automatic emergency braking, a blind-sport monitoring system and rear cross-traffic alert.
3. The interior includes a touchscreen navigation system. It has a 6.33" color display that helps guide you as you link up to VW Car-Net® App-Connect to access your music, maps, messaging, and more from your compatible smartphone to your dash. It also has a rearview camera system.
4. The interior includes 2-Tone V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces, 8-way manual driver seat and push button start.
5. The Jetta Sport will attract plenty of attention as it is. And now this: sporty 17-inch Joda Black alloy wheels to seal the deal, captivating admirers of the sharp and stylish.
A. The interior seems to be a little plain. For the hefty price tag I was honestly expecting more. It lacks the wow factor that I was hoping to see.
B. The cheap bucket seats are uncomfortable. Sitting in these seats too long can cause bad back pain because they are not practical.
In summary, if you are looking for a cheaper sporty vehicle, the 2016 VW Jetta 1.8T Sport is a great start. The fuel efficiency is worth every penny in itself.
Attractive and sleek subcompact five-passenger crossover SUV.
A satisfying mix of power and luxury at a reasonable price.